My mission is to provide you with inspiration and encouragement to live everyday to it's fullest. I do this by sharing the simple things in life such as recipes to the most difficult of things such a life. We all know life is a struggle and many days a balancing act, but I am here to inspire you to do it well. Everything I write about is designed to inspire as well as encourage you to be a "better" you that you can be. Everything I share is raw and real. I do not cover up or sugar coat what I write about. This would benefit no one. My goal is for you to walk away feeling uplifted and encouraged after leaving my page. Lastly, I am here to remind you that you are… enough and beautiful… just the way you are.
I am sharing a simple reminder just because you think you have everything planned out and measured just perfectly in life, that if this isn’t what God’s plans are, He will be changing them and redirecting you.
Don’t get upset or frustrated, just go along with the flow and trust He always knows what is best for us.
I am sharing some words of affirmation with you today.
“ You Are Amazing!”
There are so many of you who have been carrying a lot of stress. Whether it is from the pressures of work, being isolated with the pressures of working from home, teaching your children, or being a caregiver to your aging family or sick family members.
No matter what has you stressed, feeling anxious, or even fearful; today I am taking a minute to remind you, “That you are Amazing!”
If you are feeling less than this, give yourself the same grace you give to others when you see them struggling.
I don’t know about you, but we have had a months worth of Mondays all in one.
We started the day out with my daughter struggling to be an adult today.
Her computer crashed over the weekend, which to anyone who works from home or is an online college student knows this is a very bad thing to happen.
She has to have a new computer up and running before Wednesday when her next lesson is due.
This was very difficult on her because we learned no one wants to give a young adult any form of credit. This was extremely messy and stressful, but after jumping through several obstacles, we figured out how to get this to come together.
In the end our sweet family friend, who is stationed in Italy, gave her the best advice to find her computer as well as our family who helped her financially, were all able to pull together everything she needed to find her computer thus putting an end to this very stressful morning.
No matter how frustrated we were, God protected her, even though it was hard to see while we met rejection and denial after denial.
I tell this nightmare story to remind you that no matter what your plans are, God’s plans will always trump yours, but be encouraged, because no matter what His plans are, they will always be better than yours.
Just because you don’t understand why something is going wrong, do not fear, because God is not surprised.
It may not be easy to remember, but if you can, take a step back and trust in God to have your plan and your journey already figured out.
He will not leave you or forsake you now.
Be encouraged, those who may be worried about their jobs, paychecks, child care, education, health issues, and sickly family members, for God knows your concerns and fears. He is working out your plans now. He knows where your next paycheck as well as all of your concerns will come from.
Remember, He knows what you do not know yet.
Take the time to lean on Him during these times of uncertainty. He will give you the peace and comfort you need.
During this difficult time it is easy to forget there is power in positivity and forget to focus on things we should be thankful for, so today I want to briefly focus on these.
The Bible reminds us the importance of being thankful;
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV
Now think about the powerful words, “in all circumstances.”
The Bible does not say in certain circumstances. It doesn’t say in good circumstances. It says in “all” circumstances.
All too many times we can find things to be thankful for when life is going easy, but when times become difficult, it is easy to forget this concept.
During difficult times we become consumed by fear and anxiety and allow those dark and heavy emotions to run our hearts into the ground. They take away the ability to see the positive and encouraging things in our life. They rob us of our ability to the thankful of even the simple things in life.
Today we are going reclaim those pleasures that may have been robbed from us. Today we are going to list five things that bring us joy and thankfulness.
What are just five things that bring you joy and peace and what are you thankful for?
Here is my list of five things I am thankful today…
1. Hearing the sweet birds chirping outside my windows. So many times in the busyness of life, I don’t think we take the time to hear them. But in the quietness of my morning I heard them this morning. It was a sweet sound to my soul.
2. Whether church was closed down or not, I would not have been able to go due to trying to get over my bronchitis. So I’m thankful for the technology that offers our church service to be viewed online in the quiet of my living room.
3. I am thankful for the time, that I don’t normally have to “rest”. I have been sick for 3 weeks and have not had the opportunity to rest until now. Had we not had this shut down, I would still not be able to rest, but when life has forced you to stay home, I am choosing to be thankful for it. I am determined to rest to get over this ugly cold.
4. I am thankful for the school we work at. My daughter and I received news that the school has figured out a way to pay their part-time staff for 2 weeks with the hopes of getting us closer to the end of this quarantine period. This truly touched my heart because they did not have to try to figure this out, let alone find a way. This was a huge blessing to us.
5. Lastly, I am thankful for all the spring that is in the air. I love seeing the trees dressed in their beautiful pink and white blossoms. Their is something inspiring by seeing all this new growth coming back to life. It inspires me to clean up my home and my property and make it fresh and clean again.
Let’s rejoice together in those blessings. Leave your list below in the comments.