My mission is to provide you with inspiration and encouragement to live everyday to it's fullest. I do this by sharing the simple things in life such as recipes to the most difficult of things such a life. We all know life is a struggle and many days a balancing act, but I am here to inspire you to do it well. Everything I write about is designed to inspire as well as encourage you to be a "better" you that you can be. Everything I share is raw and real. I do not cover up or sugar coat what I write about. This would benefit no one. My goal is for you to walk away feeling uplifted and encouraged after leaving my page. Lastly, I am here to remind you that you are… enough and beautiful… just the way you are.
Are you struggling with finding the hope you need to get through a difficult time?
Today I am sharing some encouragement through a different form. I am going to team up with my nephew, who is a youth ministry leader to share with you some hope to get through today as well as the difficult days that are ahead.
I am going to share with you a YouTube video that nephew made for the youth of his church while they are quarantining.
It is my hope that you are encouraged by his words. If you have any youth in your home who may be discouraged and need to be uplifted, share this with them as well.
Click on the link below to listen to Pastor Travis give us hope and encouragement knowing we will get through this difficult time.
Disclaimer: I have his permission to share this video, as well as additional videos with you. It is his desire that you will be touched and encouraged by the words God gave to him to share with us.
I am sharing a simple reminder just because you think you have everything planned out and measured just perfectly in life, that if this isn’t what God’s plans are, He will be changing them and redirecting you.
Don’t get upset or frustrated, just go along with the flow and trust He always knows what is best for us.
During this difficult time it is easy to forget there is power in positivity and forget to focus on things we should be thankful for, so today I want to briefly focus on these.
The Bible reminds us the importance of being thankful;
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV
Now think about the powerful words, “in all circumstances.”
The Bible does not say in certain circumstances. It doesn’t say in good circumstances. It says in “all” circumstances.
All too many times we can find things to be thankful for when life is going easy, but when times become difficult, it is easy to forget this concept.
During difficult times we become consumed by fear and anxiety and allow those dark and heavy emotions to run our hearts into the ground. They take away the ability to see the positive and encouraging things in our life. They rob us of our ability to the thankful of even the simple things in life.
Today we are going reclaim those pleasures that may have been robbed from us. Today we are going to list five things that bring us joy and thankfulness.
What are just five things that bring you joy and peace and what are you thankful for?
Here is my list of five things I am thankful today…
1. Hearing the sweet birds chirping outside my windows. So many times in the busyness of life, I don’t think we take the time to hear them. But in the quietness of my morning I heard them this morning. It was a sweet sound to my soul.
2. Whether church was closed down or not, I would not have been able to go due to trying to get over my bronchitis. So I’m thankful for the technology that offers our church service to be viewed online in the quiet of my living room.
3. I am thankful for the time, that I don’t normally have to “rest”. I have been sick for 3 weeks and have not had the opportunity to rest until now. Had we not had this shut down, I would still not be able to rest, but when life has forced you to stay home, I am choosing to be thankful for it. I am determined to rest to get over this ugly cold.
4. I am thankful for the school we work at. My daughter and I received news that the school has figured out a way to pay their part-time staff for 2 weeks with the hopes of getting us closer to the end of this quarantine period. This truly touched my heart because they did not have to try to figure this out, let alone find a way. This was a huge blessing to us.
5. Lastly, I am thankful for all the spring that is in the air. I love seeing the trees dressed in their beautiful pink and white blossoms. Their is something inspiring by seeing all this new growth coming back to life. It inspires me to clean up my home and my property and make it fresh and clean again.
Let’s rejoice together in those blessings. Leave your list below in the comments.
I know this is a difficult time for so many, but I want to encourage you to take a step back and live in the moment.
What can you do right now that would bring you some joy?
Does this mean stop what you are doing and snuggle with your little one?
Does it mean you grab a book and sit on the floor or on the couch and read to your kids?
Does it mean you go to the kitchen and make some muffins, pancakes, cookies, or just some homemade play dough?
These are ideas of what you can do with your kids, but if you don’t have kids then consider grabbing that book you have not had time to read. Grab your favorite drink, your favorite blanket or throw and settle in for as much time as you want to spend some quite time to decompress and breathe.
Consider working out at home and getting some exercise to stay healthy and strong.
Consider working outside and getting your garden ready for spring.
Think of the projects you have not had the time to done consider them now.
Just because we have gone home doesn’t mean we are totally withdrawn from everyone, we still have technology that will bring that familiar voice or face to you. Use it if you find yourself lonely.
Lastly, spend some time with God if you are struggling with anxiety. He will calm you and bring you peace that no one else can do.
What are some fun and encouraging things you are doing to fill your day?
Do not be discouraged if you are going through something and you keep praying over it, and God keeps saying, “No, not now”.
My friend, God is hearing your prayer and is wiping your tears, but no matter how discouraged you are, He will not answer your prayer until His timing is perfect.
When His timing is “perfect”, you will only be able to say, “Wow”.
Wait for His timing. Wait for your, “Wow” and know you won’t regret it.
But until then, keep praying as He hears your prayer.
He has not abandoned you. He wants you to lean on Him. He wants to know you need Him.
Trust God and His timing, even if it doesn’t make sense. Trust His timing even when the pressure of others is intense. They do not know what He is doing, just as you don’t, but don’t give into their pressure.
If God is not directing you, then continue to wait.
My friend, you’ve got this no matter how difficult your trial is.
There will be a reward for your wait. It may come in an hour, but it may take six years or more, but keep trusting in God and know He will meet your need, no matter what it is.