Encouraging Words Today
Are you struggling with feelings of discouragement and you are desperate to look up and find just a little joy in your life?
Try this simple gesture today,
“If you’re feeling helpless, help someone.” – Aung San Suu Kyi
It really does work. There is something magical about the ability to step outside of your own pain, frustration, and discouragement and help someone else.
The pay off for you will be the simple smile or the hug they give you in return for your gesture of help.
It does not have to be a difficult gesture, it just has to be one.
Think about opportunities where you can help someone.
- It can be as simple as a smile and a greeting as you walk into the gas station and hold the door for someone.
- It can be letting the person behind you who only has a banana check out before you.
- You can shovel your neighbors side walk for them.
- You can leave soup at your sick family or friend’s door step.
- You can get your friend at work a coffee or their favorite drink.
- You can leave a note with a simple smiley face in your loved ones or children’s lunch box.
The sky is the limit to how a simple gesture can change someone’s day, while changing yours at the same time.