Today’s challenge is to think about what you are grateful for.
How many days go by and you only see what is wrong with things as well as the people who are around you?
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Arthur Ward
Today, instead of looking and visualizing on things that go wrong, I want you to pay attention to what is going right.
- Did you have an easy drive to work? Do not take that for granted.
- Is today payday and you are excited because it has been a long pay cycle with minimal income? Do not take that for granted.
- Is the sun shining and it is a warm spring day? Do not take that for granted.
- Are you happy to see the signs of spring by seeing the blossoms in the trees, the pretty daffodils, and hear the birds singing in the trees? Do not take this for granted.
- Did you get an unexpected phone call or text from a long distance friend or family member? Do not take this for granted.
Take the time today to be observant to all the positive things that are going on around you. It is the small simple things that happen to us everyday that we easily take for granted.
Focus today, my friend, on the simple word, gratitude. Be mindful of it’s power and be thankful for the moments God reveals to you and be thankful for all your treasured gifts God has shared with you today.